If your channel was demonetized due to “Reused content” or you want prevent this from happening, this is what you should know:
Reused means that a portion of the content you published on your channel can be found elsewhere. This can happen if you use third party content in your videos, for example:
- Content from other creators
- Public domain footage
- Copyrighted content (e.g. TV shows/movies, commercial music, trailers, game cutscenes/intros, recordings of live concerts, …)
- Royalty Free Music
Some examples of content that could lead to the removal of your channel from the YouTube Partner Program due to reuse of content:
- Content that appears to be automatically generated (for example, synthetic voice reads third-party content)
- Third-party content compiled without a narrative
- Content uploaded many times by multiple users
- Content uploaded somewhere else first
Content that is uploaded in a way that is trying to get around YouTube’s copyright tools
Click this article to learn more!
- If your channel’s content is mainly based on third party content and it doesn’t include significant original content or value , especially if the video goes on for extended periods of time, there is a chance that it can be considered as reuse of content by You Tube, even if you have permission to do so.
- Well you can solve this by
- Add commentary to the video or show your presence in your videos (voice or on screen)
- Link back to your YouTube channel from your website
- Provide more context about your work in your video and channel descriptions
- Make sure the content on your channel aligns with YouTube’s policies. You can review: Community Guidelines, AdSense Policies, and YouTube Partner Program policies.
When you are using third party content , obtain written permission or license from the rights holder prior to using the content to make sure that your production can be considered as fair use.
If your channel was YPP (YouTube Partner Program) suspended due to reuse of content, you can reapply to join YPP 30 days after suspension. Just make sure that you have removed all duplicate content in your channel before you re-apply so that you may be eligible.
If you have additional queries do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com